An inclusive, community-based dance class for kids
Saturdays, 10:15 – 11:15pm
September 17th – December 17th
(no classes November 12th and 26th)
What IS dance? How do you like to dance and why? In this class, we will explore and share our own dance styles and preferences, teaching each other our favorite movements, trying on each others’ moves and digging deep to remember where we learned these ways of dancing.
All classes include:
- An Opening and Closing Circle: in which each student is acknowledged, welcomed, oriented to the class and appreciated.
- A Warm Up: a vigorous set up movements to
- wake up the brain and increase range of motion in the body.
- Dance Explorations: exercises in which students are asked to improvise or freestyle with a particular focus in mind.
- Skills Building: learning and practicing new physical skills.
- Dance Creation: students craft and share dance movements generated from dance explorations and skills building.
$96 – $264 sliding scale. Payment accepted in installments. Barter options and scholarships available.