Resources for Dance Educators
- National Dance Education Organization, professional development, networking forums, honor societies, journals, research and advocacy tools for teachers, administrators and students in the field of dance education centered in the arts.
- Dance Education Laboratory (DEL), support and training for Dance educators.
- Luna Dance Institute, support and training for dance educators. Advocacy for children and dance.
- EduMotion, K-12 Social Emotional Learning through movement and the arts. A good resource for schools looking to bring dance into the classroom.
- Social Dance for Social Change, Camille A Brown’s dance school; reclaiming Black narratives for Black & Brown people, giving African Diaspora culture its rightful place in American culture, fostering learning & creativity, and spreading the joy of dance.
Dance Resources in Massachusetts
- Boston Dance Alliance, compiles and distributes lots of info about all different kinds of dance and dance resources throughout MA/New England.
- Jacobs Pillow, summer dance festival in the Berkshires. A great place to see internationally (and nationally) recognized dance companies locally. They also have a great online archive of dance footage.
Dance Resources in Western Massachusetts
- School for Contemporary Dance and Thought, contemporary dance and somatic movement classes. Curation of interesting dance events for adults.
- Black Women’s Leadership Initiative at Five College Dance, curates conversations, events and programming which study, honor and celebrate Black dance heritage and dance futurism in a way that is dreamed, led and facilitated by Black women.
Youth Arts organizations in Franklin County
Musica Franklin, awesome free music program for kids in Turners Falls and Greenfield.